Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Meninggal dalam Masjid Nabawi Medinah

"ctumi2000" ctumi2000@yahoo.com

alFikrah] Tokoh Da'wah Salafiyyah Amerika meninggal dunia


On the Passing of Shaykh, Dr. Saleh as-Saleh

Posted in Personal Writings by Aboo Uthmaan on February 8th, 2008

Just before maghrib today (UK time) I received the very sad news that
Shaykh, Dr. Saleh as-Saleh passed away shortly after the `asr prayer
in the Prophet's Masjid. Shaykh, Dr. Muhammad al-Jibaly wrote via his
yahoo group:

"I did not believe the news at first, but just called his phone, and
his wife confirmed it to me, and said he was too exhausted, and this
was the main cause of his death (at the young age of about 50). She
said his body is now in al-Ansar hospital, and will be buried
tomorrow morning in al-Baqee'.

His passing on Jumu'ah, and in the Prophet's Masjid while performing
`ibaadah, are indeed very good indicators. May Allaah (subhaanahu wa
ta'aala) forgive him, augment his good deeds tremendously, and admit
him to Jannah in the company of the prophets and the most righteous."

Like Dr. Muhammad al-Jibaly, many of us were in shock when we first
head of Dr. Saleh as-Saleh's passing, to the point that none of us
wanted to believe it. This alone goes to show the high esteem in
which many held him, the great love that they had for him and how
sorely they will miss him.

I first started attending the online classes of Dr. Saleh as-Saleh a
few years ago and benefitted immensely from them, not just from his
knowledge, but from his manners and his wisdom and patience in
calling to the path of Allaah.

Those who encountered the Shaykh could not help but be touched by
him, his sincerity, his concern for others and his strong desire to
help those who needed it. Just a quick scout around the internet is
enough to realise the impact he had on those of us in the English
speaking world and many accounts of people's personal experiences
with the Shaykh are today a plenty.

I had been thinking of writing on the topic of "having concern for
others" and it is in this vain that I make mention of an incident
that will forever remain dear to me. As I have previously mentioned
I had been attending the online classes of Shaykh Saleh as-Saleh,
but had to stop when I moved house because I was without internet
connection and had to wait a month or so before they could connect
it.

During that period Dr. Saleh as-Saleh emailed me asking me how I was
and wanted me to email him back to (at the very least) let him know
that I was alright, he also asked me to forgive him for anything that
he may have done to offend me. His email really touched me because it
was full of sincerity and showed real concern for me, yet he hardly
knew me at the time.

Such concern for others was not something unique to me, for indeed
many experienced such selfless acts from our beloved Shaykh.

He dedicated all of his free time to teaching and spreading Islam,
and would on a daily basis spend his evenings and the early hours of
the morning (sometimes right up until the fajr prayer) teaching us
(in the West) via his online classes. I do not know when the Shaykh
had time to sleep.

Dr. Saleh as-Saleh has left behind a mountain of knowledge, with
there being well over one thousand audio lectures and a plethora of
articles on his website (www.understand- islam.net) alone, not to
mention his published works. I have a number of transcriptions from
the classes of the Shaykh available on my blog, and I am in the
process of transcribing more. May Allaah make all of it an ongoing
charity for him, ameen!

I ask Allaah to shower His Mercy on the Shaykh, forgive him his sins,
grant him Jannah and give his family patience and grant them ease in
their affairs, ameen!

Aboo Uthmaan
1st Safar 1429 A.H
(Corresponding to Friday 8th February 2008 C.E)

About the Shaykh, Dr. Saleh as-Saleh:

Dr. Saleh as-Saleh was from the foremost students of Shaykh Muhammad
ibn Saalih al-'Uthaymeen. He took knowledge from the Shaykh from a
long distance for a while, then on a continuous basis from 1412-1415H
and then regularly from 1415H where he became a dedicated student and
studied with him until his death in 1421H. Dr. Saleh lived around 500
yards from Shaykh al-Uthaymeen' s house and has been blessed by
Allaah to have obtained a PHd in Medical Biochemistry and was a
professor at Qaasim University, KSA. Furthermore, he is a well-known
author of many great writings and books. He resided in `Unayzah, KSA
and was active in his call to the Salafi da'wah. He held regular
classes in the English Language on Paltalk, under Social Issues,
Room: Understand Islam.

__._,_.___

No comments: